Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beyonce

Last week a friend and I went to see Beyonce at Olympic Park, Seoul. I had heard she was amazing live and had very high expectations of the show. Destiny's Child were awesome in their day, and some of Beyonce's earlier solo songs remind me so much of my first and second year at university, and I think she has an incredible voice and the ability to write very catchy pop songs that are great to dance to.
And I wasn't disappointed with her show - right from the beginning it was high energy, she was belting out the songs while dancing up a storm on stage. She performed all my favourite songs, did a high medley of Destiny's Child songs, sang Alanis Morrisette, Sarah MacLaughlan and dedicated her finale, Halo, to Michael Jackson.
There were amazing backup dancers, these staunch big black women backup singers, the entire band was female (and seriously talented) and little home videos of her as a child, very cute. Overall I was totally blown away. Next time I would pay more to be closer to the stage as we were quite far away, but there the sound was great and there were huge screens so you could see pretty well anyway.



If I were a boy




Single Ladies


Jeremy and I looking quite possessed -
we were both pretty stoked to be there!


Afterward all the Koreans were lining up
to get their photo take next to this picture,
so obviously I had to join in too!

No comments:

Post a Comment